Saturday, January 28, 2012

Fab Foods: Southwestern Cheese Ball

Recently, I was asked to make a cheese ball for a ladies event at our Church's Conway campus. Since I had never made one before, I got online to see what all it included. After all my research, I put together a cheese ball of my own creation and it turned out to be pretty dang good! Since I like sharing good things, here's the recipe:

2-8oz pkg cream cheese (softened)
1 Tbsp. Butter
1 pkg (1/4c) taco seasoning
1/3c black bean & corn salsa
1 c shredded cheese
Nuts (pieces)

In a large bowl, mix softened cream cheese, melted butter, salsa, & taco seasoning w/ electric mixer. Once blended, add in shredded cheese & mix. Form into a ball (mixture will be very soft), and roll in nuts. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve w/ crackers or tortilla chips!

It makes a pretty big cheese ball, so there's plenty to share. It's really good! Enjoy!

***Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment