Friday, August 12, 2011

Artist Spotlight: Soon Y. Warren


A little over a year ago, we went to visit some friends in Grandbury, TX. While there, a group of us went to a small downtown area to sample the cute shops and local foods. I stopped in a local art exhibit/store, as I always do, just to see what the local artists have to offer. While in there, I discovered the most incredible watercolors I have ever seen in my life. I asked the lady in the store and she said, "Oh yeah, she's a local artist. Her name is Soon Y. Warren. Isn't she great??" 



Um, understatement of the year! The way she captures crystal looks like a photograph! I've not seen artists capture crystal that well with acrylic, oil, or even pencils, FORGET about watercolors! And her grasp of light and shadow??? A-MAZING.


And, what's even more incredible, (and what I LOVE about her), is that she does tutorials at the local Hobby Lobby in Fort Worth! Talk about staying true to your roots! She has been talked about in international magazines and art catalogues and she still teaches us little people! I plan on one day going to one of her classes! If you've never heard of her, she is totally worth checking into. Here's a link to her website:  http://www.soonwarren.com/.  I promise you won't be disappointed...



Here's to you Soon!

***Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment