Monday, August 15, 2011

Remembering "Mardi Gras"


Hello everyone! Unfortunately, the painting I am featuring today is no longer with us. (I know, you're thinking, "dang Jess. Why the heck would you even show it?") It's a bittersweet thing, because "Mardi Gras" as I so lovingly had named it, was the first painting I have ever sold. It is now living in a sweet lady's home from Little Rock. She purchased it last summer from our Hello Ladies table at the Little Rock River Market. -For those of you who don't know, Hello Ladies is a crafting/handmade stuff business I am a part of founding with my best good friends!- Wanna check us out?? Here ya go: http://thehelloladies.blogspot.com/.  We have some really cool stuff!

Anyway, I wanted to honor this painting, as it is the first piece of art I have ever sold, and it was kind of the springboard that got me back into art! I am considering painting a similar painting soon. (The picture above is from my cell phone, and it doesn't do it justice. The colours are very vibrant, but you get the idea.) If you would be interested in a painting like this, please email me: foxfirehalo@gmail.com. I'm always willing to make custom art for anyone! Have a great day!

***Jess

2 comments: