Thursday, September 1, 2011

Artist Spotlight: Alisa Burke

Ohmygoodnessilovealisaburke!  A friend of mine introduced me to her a few years ago and I fell in love with her sheer amount of talent and well-rounded abilities. She's one of those people you love to hate... seriously. Everything she touches automatically become amazingly cool and artsy. I love her art so much because she is not afraid of color, and I'm the same way. She also is very doodle-y in her paintings and sketchings and that's the way I am too. I think it comes from a waaay busy brain. LOL! Anyway, I wanted to spotlight her as one of my faves, and I've included a few pics of her art/craftiness. Enjoy!


These are pumpkins, people. Pumpkins. See what I mean about her not being afraid of color??



I'm not a fan of clutch-style purses, but I would totally carry this one.



She made this ring out of shrinky dink stuff that she drew on and it came out so cute!!



I L-O-V-E this pillow. Seriously, I think I could marry it. (Kev wouldn't approve) 



She has a really awesome art/craft/sewing room that she photographs a lot. I like it because it gets messy, just like mine. :)


This is a big quilt style painting she did on top of an old painting that she didn't like. She's frugal. I like that. 


Every so often, she does a "peek inside my sketchbook" blog and shows what art she's been doing. Again, the doodley-ness abounds.



This is a paper wreath she made and did a DYI on her blog complete with step-by-step instructions and photos!



See? She's so stinkin' artsy! I hope to be a fraction of the well-rounded artist she is!



Well, there you have it! My homage to Alisa Burke! She's a blogger too, and if you want to learn how to paint, sew, create, cook, or do any of the stuff she does, check her out:  http://alisaburke.blogspot.com  But proceed with caution, she's ridiculously talented and it can be quite overwhelming! :)

<3<3<3 Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment