Thursday, September 22, 2011

Artist Spotlight: M.C. Escher

All through school, I was obsessed with this man's art. I actually didn't know who drew these pictures until I was in probably 11th grade. Up until then, he was just that "dude that draws those crazy awesome pictures". I had a Math teacher that I totally bonded with because of her love for Escher --and because she is a really awesome person--. She liked him because of all the geometry and math in his art, I just liked him because of his art. :) (Math was not my strong subject.)







This one has always amazed me. I don't know how he drew this so acurately. Apparently, he was very familiar with the look of his own hands.


This is one of my faves. I am in awe of anyone who can capture reflections so well.


I hope you're enjoying my artist spotlights. My goal is to show off people who are truly talented, and possibly answer your questions that you may have had of, "Who painted that?" or "Who drew or sculpted that?"

More to come.

***Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment