Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Artist Spotlight: Alphonse Mucha

This is another artist that I knew by work, but not by name. One of my favorite art styles is Art Nouveau. I love the detailed, yet "cartoony" look, and I love how Nouveau artists (especially Mucha) usually portrayed women. They were more delicate and beautiful, instead of just a rotund, nude woman like they had been painted and drawn for so many years prior. (Don't get me wrong, there were still some naked ones, just not as many, and for that I am grateful.) In the case of Mucha, I love the way he portrayed hair and garments. He paid attention to every strand of hair and fabric. It made for some pretty stuff.


This one reminds me of me; a girl who can be all dressed up, but still a silly girl.




 

La Primavere Alphonse Mucha

Autumn Alphonse Mucha

Summer Alphonse Mucha
This particular piece is called "Summer" from a group of the four seasons.
Night Alphonse Mucha
Alphonse Mucha
Such a talented man! I hope you've enjoyed these pieces as much as I have!
***Jess


No comments:

Post a Comment