Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fabulous front porch

Hello all! So I'm not normally one of those people who decorate for every season. I am big on decorating for Christmas every year, and I switch out some of my decorations as I get new ones, but I've never been what you would call a "Seasonal Decorator". Some people get a little crazy, we've got a family down the street from us who have their entire yard fall/Halloweened out! But this year, I got a little hankering to do some fall decorating, and I got a great deal on some pumpkins from work, so I decided to make our front entryway cute and fall-ish. Here are a few pics of what I did:



My bargain pumpkins!





The pumpkin on the right is actually a dark plum colour, but the funky florescent lighting in my kitchen makes it look black.


I LOVE mixing my own colors. You can get 'em exactly the way you want 'em!










This is my front door...pretty blah. (There's not usually a bale of straw there. haha)




I cut leaves out of felt, and pinned them to the straw bale.


I painted scrollies on the big green pumpkin. They're kinda my thing. :)





I made a yarn wrapped wreath for the front door. I am so proud, I think it turned out quite cute!!

Anyway, I had a great time today flexing my creative muscles! Thanks for reading!

***Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment